Understanding Quality Assessment
Assessment is complex and essential to meeting student learning needs. This self-paced course supports anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of the terms, definitions, and concepts behind assessment. The course addresses the following topics in 5 lessons:
- What is assessment and how is it different from grading?
- Why is alignment critical?
- How does a diverse assessment repertoire inform teacher practice and student learning?
- When does assessment produce learning?
- What is the value of authentic assessment?
This self-paced, 1 credit (15 CTLE hours) course includes readings/viewings and short reflective assignments.