Understanding Social Emotional Learning
Schools are increasingly embracing social and emotional learning as an indispensable part of their school culture. In this 5-lesson, self-paced course, educators explore research and best practices around SEL and their related competencies and skills.
Guiding questions for this course include:
- What does the research say about social and emotional learning?
- How do self-awareness, self-management, and social awareness influence student learning?
- What role does growth mindset play in supporting social and emotional learning in schools?
- What strategies can we use to support social and emotional learning in the existing curriculum?
- What role do parents and caregivers play in supporting the development of the social and emotional competencies in their children?
This self-paced, 1 credit (15 CTLE hours) course includes readings/viewings and short reflective assignments.