Understanding Project-Based Learning
Project-based learning (PBL) allows students to solve problems, create and collaborate. It can increase ownership and motivation while helping students to work for real purposes and audiences. This 5-lesson, self-paced course is designed to deepen your understanding of project-based learning. It will allow you to explore, synthesize and reflect on your practice. Guiding questions for the course include:
- What is project-based learning?
- What does project-based learning look like in classrooms?
- What conditions support project-based learning?
- What does PBL demand that students know, be able to do and be like?
- What does PBL demand of teachers’ instructional and assessment practices?
This self-paced, 1 credit (15 CTLE hours) course includes readings/viewings and short reflective assignments.